- All metal halide bulbs produce a beautiful shimmering light.
- Choose 10K, 14K, or 20K metal halide bulb.
- The Kelvin (K) value of a MH bulb describes the color of the light the bulb produces.
- Bulbs with a higher K value emit more blue than bulbs with a lower K value.
- We recommend using a 10K or 14K halide bulb for most reef aquariums.
- 20K bulbs are often used alone without additional actinic light.
This bulb is white with a blue tint on a magnetic HQI ballast. It will burn more blue on an electronic ballast or standard magnetic ballast. This bulb will work with a standard magnetic ballast, magnetic pulse-start ballast or electronic ballast.