Nitrite Test Kits
No sales gimmicks. Low prices every day. Compare us to Petco and Amazon.
Salifert Nitrite Test Kit
Salifert Nitrite Test Kit Overview
- Nitrite is a substance that is toxic to fish and invertebrates.
- It is a misconception that once a tank is through its cycle (first 3 or 4 weeks) that nitrite has vanished.
- Nitrite is converted to nitrate in properly cycled aquariums. The thus formed nitrate is transformed into harmless nitrogen gas (=denitrification). This happens in areas deprived of oxygen within live rock and miscellaneous filter materials.
- Before it can be transformed to nitrogen gas the nitrate is first converted back to nitrite.
- When, for whatever reason, this particular cycle cannot be completed, toxic nitrite can be present in significant concentration and can be readily detected by test kits that do not suffer from amine interference.
- Many nitrite test kits have the potential to suffer from amine interference resulting in toxic nitrite not being detected.
- Salifert‰۪s Nitrite test kit does not suffer from such an amine interference because very special ingredients are used.
- These same ingredients also result in a full color development within minutes.
- The developed color is very intense making detection of even minute traces of nitrite easy.
- It probably is the most sensitive, accurate and fastest nitrite test kit available.
- The kit can perform approx. 60 measurements.
View full product details »