Nitrate Test Kits
No sales gimmicks. Low prices every day. Compare us to Petco and Amazon.
Salifert Nitrate Test Kit
Salifert Nitrate Test Kit Overview
- When an aquarium has insufficient regions deprived of oxygen (= anaerobic zones), or denitrification proceeds incompletely then nitrate will build-up.
- A high nitrate concentration can result in unwanted algae growth, which can irritate corals and retard their growth.
- The nitrate concentration in a proper functioning reef aquarium should preferably be lower than 1 mg/L. Fish-only aquariums would usually show much higher nitrate concentrations.
- Many nitrate test kits are prone to amine interference. This can give results much lower than actual.
- The Salifert nitrate test does not suffer from such an amine interference. The very special ingredients allow for a fast and precise measurement.
- The range spans from a very low to a very high nitrate concentration (approx. 0.05 - 20 mg/L as Nitrate-Nitrogen or 0.2 - 100 mg/L as nitrate ion).
- The kit can perform approx. 60 measurements.
View full product details »