Magnesium Test Kits
No sales gimmicks. Low prices every day. Compare us to Petco and Amazon.
Salifert Magnesium Test Kit
Salifert Magnesium Test Kit Overview
- Magnesium is present in natural seawater in a fairly high concentration (1300 - 1400 mg/L).
- Magnesium is an essential part of chlorophyll, which is necessary for photosynthesis.
- Without photosynthesis plants, including algae and the corals, would not be able to live.
- Maintaining a correct magnesium concentration is very important, and is indirectly responsible for fast coral and calcareous algae growth by virtue of making the maintenance of correct calcium and alkalinity figures possible.
- Magnesium is depleted by algae and is also depleted by the use of excessive Kalkwasser.
- There are also certain brands of salt, which have very low magnesium content. Use of such a salt will result in permanent problems with calcium and carbonate hardness values.
- The Salifert magnesium test is very straight forward, and does not suffer from calcium and strontium interferences when within certain bounds.
- It measures in sufficient accurate steps of 30 mg/L with a sharp color change.
- The kit can perform approx. 50 measurements.
View full product details »